Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Baby Octopus and Earflaps

I went to a friend's baby shower the other day and wanted to make them something. I'd been playing around with an octopus crochet pattern, and I had some fun 'Caron Simply Soft Eco' blue yarn n decided to make a hat as well (with little ear-flaps!)



I really like this yarn and have it in several colors. It's pretty inexpensive and soft. it's made of 80% Acrylic and 20% Post-Consumer Recycled Polyester. Here's another view of of the lil guy.



My first attempt at the octopus was a little more lumpy (that one goes to the boyfriend :o) I have a tendency to just make up patterns instead of taking the effort to find and follow one or even to write down my own patterns - I usually just go off sketches. Thankfully this little guy is simple enough that I can easily re-create him. Little creatures and baby things are fun to make, the time/enjoyment ratio is pretty great!

1 comment: